Laura Pilcher, MBA
2019 – Present | HospiceServe (Shawnee, KS), Marketing Communications Manager
- Overseeing branding and marketing across six office hospice locations: Shawnee, KS | Topeka, KS | Independence, MO | Denver, CO | Colorado Springs, CO | Oklahoma City, OK
- Writing and distributing press releases for initiatives, new team recruits.
- Giving marketing presentations to all managers and leadership.
- Creating and maintaining 5 websites and internal intranet.
- Maintaining and driving 20 social media campaigns across all 6 locations.
- Building PDF forms and maintaining online repository of manuals.
- Creating promotional materials as needed, including brochures and apparel.
- Developing campaigns to drive internal process, including internal blog tool.
- Managing marketing budget that grows with programs based on ROI.
- Curating original content as needed for website blogs and social media.
- Creating and distributing email newsletters for locations as needed.
2011 – 2020 | Pilcher Creative Media, Owner and Designer
- Operating a full-service marketing and design firm. Acquiring new clients and maintaining client relationships.
- Giving presentations to local businesses and local business groups.
- Providing marketing consultations on how to increase growth and profitability.
- Strategizing marketing goals by customer segmentation and integrating contractors into overall marketing strategy.
- Managing social media paid advertising and tracking analytics. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Business Instagram, Pinterest & LinkedIn.
- Designing cohesive brand identities for businesses, including logos, print materials, websites, photography, video, e-newsletters and social media.
- Designing and developing user-friendly, responsive, integrated websites with html/css and WordPress.
- Managing content calendars, image databases, budgets and contractors.
- Copywriting and editing daily with attention to detail.
2010 – 2011 & 2005 – 2007 | PowerScore Test Preparation (Charleston, SC), Marketing Manager & Publicist
- Working with the CEO, Vice Presidents and Marketing team to strategically create advertising, promotion, and brand awareness for all products.
- Art Direction and implementation of promotional materials, including postcards, brochures, new website and social media.
- Supervising marketing team, graphics team and internship team.
- Finding new sponsorship opportunities and organizing promotional events.
2007 – 2010 | Fender Musical Instruments Company (Musicorp – North Charleston, SC), Marketing Manager, Artist Relations Manager & Publicist
- Working with the Director of Marketing, VP of Sales and marketing team to strategically create advertising, promotion, and brand awareness for all proprietary and exclusive products for consumer and dealer audiences.
- Creating promotional posters, flyers, sale sheets, web banners, letterhead and online graphics for Musicorp sponsorships, events, products and brands.
- Writing press releases for company news and new products for music trade,consumer, online and local publications.
- Obtaining various local and national PR engagements as needed; radio & interviews.
- Sponsoring, promoting and working with local and national festivals, fundraisers and events. Responsible for coordinating all events including: NAMM and National Sales Meetings.
- Managing Artist Relations by identifying and contacting artists, drawing up contracts, promoting artist endorsement and maintaining communication with every artist endorsee.
- Updating and managing all brand websites, social media and email newsletters.
2004 – 2005 | St. Martin’s Press (NYC), Publicity Assistant
- Successfully publicizing over 40 titles a season.
- Pitching titles to print and broadcast media regarding reviews, features and author interviews.
- Creating press releases, targeted media lists and publicity plans for new titles.
- Arranging author tours, traveling to author conventions and signings.
- Processing check reimbursements and invoices to authors.
2003 – 2004 | Andrews McMeel Publishing (KCMO), Publicity Intern
- Successfully creating targeted media lists and publicity plans for new book titles.
- Keeping publicity contact databases up-to-date.
- Converting and cleaning up image files to create colorful, eye-catching posters for author book signings.
- Writing and editing catalog copy, writing creative press releases, galley letters.
- Completing review copy mailings.
- Keeping author files current with review clippings, correspondence, press materials and copies of reviews.
1998 – 2004 | LabOne (Lenexa, KS), Data Entry Specialist
- Typing over 140wpm with memorization of hundreds of health codes.
- Working with code auditors to ensure accuracy and attending daily meetings.